Coronavirus live news: Fauci says Americans may still be wearing masks in 2022; UK records 215 deaths
- Exclusive: Hancock’s ex-neighbour investigated by UK medical regulator
- Fauci laments ‘historic’ Covid toll as US nears 500,000 deaths
- UK: changing events could put brakes on recovery roadmap, says minister
- Israel’s use of Covid vaccines in prisoner swap deal sparks row
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The chancellor must expand support for people self-isolating or risk a fourth national lockdown, Labour has said, as new analysis from the party suggests the lockdown is costing the economy £1.6bn a week.
In one of her major pre-budget interventions, the shadow chancellor, Anneliese Dodds, urged Rishi Sunak to radically extend eligibility for the £500 support payment to anyone without access to workplace sick pay.
Boris Johnson will unveil the government’s eagerly awaited roadmap out of lockdown for England on Monday. Here’s what the prime minister is expected to tell MPs: