Coronavirus live news: US death toll nears 500,000; England roadmap out of lockdown revealed
- Fauci laments ‘historic’ Covid toll as US nears 500,000 deaths
- England roadmap out of lockdown revealed
- UK: changing events could put brakes on recovery roadmap, says minister
- Israel’s use of Covid vaccines in prisoner swap deal sparks row
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The world’s biggest vaccine maker, India’s Serum Institute, has urged other countries to be “patient” about it supplying anti-coronavirus shots, saying it has been instructed to prioritise its home market, AFP reports.
“Dear countries & governments, as you await Covidshield supplies, I humbly request you to please be patient,” Serum chief Adar Poonawalla tweeted on Sunday.
Dear countries & governments, as you await #COVISHIELD supplies, I humbly request you to please be patient, @SerumInstIndia has been directed to prioritise the huge needs of India and along with that balance the needs of the rest of the world. We are trying our best.
The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Germany increased by 4,369 to 2,390,928, data from the Robert Koch Institute for infectious diseases showed on Monday.
The reported death toll rose by 62 to 67,903, the tally showed.