US Senate hears testimony on Capitol riot: ‘These criminals came prepared for war’ – live
- Senate hears witness testimony from law enforcement officers
- Joe and Jill Biden to travel to Texas on Friday
- DC police chief was ‘surprised’ by reluctance to deploy National Guard
- AOC criticizes Manchin over targeting of Biden’s nominees of color
- US coronavirus death toll passes 500,000
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
Joe Biden will soon participate in a virtual meeting with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, marking his first bilateral meeting as president.
“The United States and Canada share a unique bond and close friendship — and I’m committed to strengthening our partnership in the years ahead,” Biden said in a tweet before the meeting.
I look forward to joining Prime Minister @JustinTrudeau this afternoon for my first bilateral meeting as president. The United States and Canada share a unique bond and close friendship — and I’m committed to strengthening our partnership in the years ahead.
The Guardian’s Kari Paul reports:
Google will again be accepting political ads on its platforms, the company announced on Tuesday, after a brief ban it began in January.