Coronavirus live news: AstraZeneca expected to miss EU vaccine target; WHO reports 20% drop in global deaths
- AstraZeneca expected to miss EU Covid vaccine supply target by half in second-quarter – report
- Nigeria survey suggests 23% of Lagos residents had Covid last year
- Boris Johnson ‘very optimistic’ all England restrictions will end in June
- China did ‘little’ to hunt for origins in early months, says WHO document
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Guatemala’s health minister Amelia Flores said on Tuesday that Guatemala hopes to receive the first batch of Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine against the coronavirus in the coming weeks, Reuters reports.
“They already have the emergency registration to be able to enter the country and we are only waiting for the date, which we believe will be in a few weeks,” Flores said while leaving a meeting at Congress on Tuesday.
One of New Zealand’s largest high schools has closed again after another student and t wo siblings tested positive for Covid-19.
Papatoetoe high school in south Auckland was closed last week after two students and two parents tested positive. It reopened this week but closed again on Wednesday after a third student tested positive on Tuesday. Two siblings of the students also tested positive later on Tuesday.