Australia news live: TGA mulls EU advice on AstraZeneca Covid vaccine and clots; sexual harassment laws to change
Victoria to open two mass vaccination hubs; NSW to keep border open to NZ despite new Auckland Covid case; UK decision to offer under-30s an alternative to Oxford jab could knock confidence in Australia’s vaccine rollout. Follow updates live
- Under-30s in the UK to be offered an alternative to AstraZeneca
- Podcast: what do we know about blood clots and the AZ vaccine?
- What do I need to know about the AstraZeneca vaccine?
- Australian doctors urge government to give greater certainty on vaccines
- Harassment scandals could hit vaccination rates due to diminished trust in Australian government
New South Wales police have now taken a formal statement from a longtime friend of the woman who alleged she was raped by Christian Porter, but insist the investigation remains closed.
In answers to NSW estimates, police have said that Macquarie Bank managing director, James Hooke, a friend of both Porter and his accuser for 30 years, was known to them as far back as July but until recently did not wish to make a statement because “he understood why the investigation had been closed”.
I’m told Australia’s Ambassador @AusAmbDili sent his driver to some Dili evacuation hubs to distribute packet noodles and rice, which is a thoughtful gesture. But it does beg question: when will the TL Govt request substantive support from Aus, and what will the response be?