Biden says US ‘ready to move immediately’ if vaccine approved for young teens – as it happened
- FDA likely to authorize Pfizer vaccine for those aged 12 to 15
- Biden: ‘My hope and expectation’ that Putin meeting will happen
- President targets 70% of US adults vaccinated by Fourth of July
- ‘It’s a minefield’: the Americans who can’t afford the dentist
– Joan E Greve and Maanvi Singh
Los Angeles sheriff deputies frequently harass the families of people they have killed, including taunting them at vigils, parking outside their homes and following them and pulling them over for no reason, according to a new report from the National Lawyers Guild (NLG) and the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).
The LA sheriff’s department (LASD), which has faced national scrutiny for its corruption scandals and killings of young Black and Latino men, has routinely retaliated against victims’ relatives who speak out, the groups said in the report released on Tuesday.