Coronavirus live news: India passes 20m cases; German plan to give more freedoms to fully vaccinated ‘unfair’
India records 357,229 new daily cases; law that would lift curbs for those with all jabs discriminates against young people who won’t be able to get jabs for months
- ‘Like living in a horror film’: UK doctors raise Covid funds for India
- German ‘jab to freedom’ Covid bill criticised as unfair to young people
- Foreign Office revises UK Covid advice for non-essential travel
- Vaccine shortages blight India’s efforts to contain Covid crisis
- See all coronavirus coverage
Here is Guardian Australia’s morning mail.
North Macedonia’s Covid-19 vaccination program picked up speed Tuesday, with authorities starting to use 200,000 Sinopharm jabs bought from China.
The European Union’s top official for enlargement, Oliver Varhelyi, also delivered about 5,000 Pfizer-BioNTech doses to North Macedonia, Associated Press reports.
That is part of a batch of 120,000 the 27-nation bloc will donate to the country by the end of August.