Coronavirus live news: India passes 20m cases; German plan to give more freedoms to fully vaccinated ‘unfair’
India records 357,229 new daily cases; law that would lift curbs for those with all jabs discriminates against young people who won’t be able to get jabs for months
- ‘Like living in a horror film’: UK doctors raise Covid funds for India
- German ‘jab to freedom’ Covid bill criticised as unfair to young people
- Foreign Office revises UK Covid advice for non-essential travel
- Vaccine shortages blight India’s efforts to contain Covid crisis
- See all coronavirus coverage
The US has administered 247,769,049 doses of Covid-19 vaccines in the country as of Tuesday morning and distributed 318,474,035 doses, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said on Tuesday.
Those figures are up from the 246,780,203 vaccine doses the CDC said had gone into arms by Monday out of 312,509,575 doses delivered.