Coronavirus live: India G7 delegation self-isolating after two members test positive; no decision in UK on booster shots yet
UK government says two members tested positive for Covid; UK minister says experts still deciding when booster shots are needed
- US won’t reach herd immunity this year. So how will it live with Covid?
- Analysis: Britain’s reasons for Covid optimism
- Comment: IPL failed by ignoring India Covid warnings
- ‘People will die’: Australia’s India ban under fire
- See all our coronavirus coverage
An extremely quick snap from Reuters here: the entire delegation from India to the G7 meeting in London is now self-isolating after two members tested positive for Covid, according to the UK government.
A British official said this was in line with pre-established protocols, which included daily testing for all attendees.
Iraq’s vaccine rollout had been faltering for weeks, but a populist Shiite cleric’s public endorsement of vaccinations – and images of him getting the shot last week – have begun to turn things around.
Abdulrahman Zeyad at Associated Press reports from Baghdad that hundreds of followers of Muqtada al-Sadr are now heading to clinics to follow his example, underscoring the power of sectarian loyalties in Iraq and deep mistrust of the state.